The “Leader in Me”

My journey as an aspiring school leader started several years ago, as I completed my masters degree in school leadership.  However, I would argue that my true potential as a school leader wasn’t noticed by even myself until my new principal (Karen Egan) decided to start a book study.  I remember leaving our opening faculty meeting thinking: ya, right, I’ve got time this! I would skim through the assigned chapters just enough to make sure I could survive the next staff meeting.  A collegue of mine registered for the “Leader in Me” symposium and was unable to attend. Karen Egan asked me to fill in. My education career took a sharp right turn for success.   Over the next few months I realized that the “leader in me” program did everything I’ve attempted to do as a classroom teacher the previous 14 school years. Students are responsible for their own learning.  Dr. Covey wants us all to “unleash human potential.”  I’ve wanted my students to become great, and this is exactly what this book taught me to do.  Thank you Mr. Covey!IMG_1807

Published inBooks

Be First to Comment